Re: EOLAS ACQUIRES MILESTONE INTERNET SOFTWARE PATENT

From: Gavin Nicol <gtn@ebt.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 00:39:02 -0400
To: wqf@uestc.edu.cn
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
>What does "inline code" mean? I am comfused. Do you mean it is a method
>that both the browser and the server undetstand well and can be used as
>a programming language or shell language to perform very complexed
>behavior.

The system I wrote was pretty much peer-to-peer, though obviously some
peers were more like traditional servers. In other words, both servers
and clients shared a scripting language (lisp). The system I wrote had
the interesting capability of being able to download and entire GUI
for a particular site (shared whiteboard etc) as well.

I found it interesting to note that someone else did much the same
thing years before I did.

>The Web is so WONDERFUL, and it will be more WONDERFUL if we do agree on
>a language all the browsers and servers can understand and run it.

The WWW is also very immature, very limited, and in some ways, very
broken.