Re: server redirects by client domain

From: Darren New <dnew@sgf.fv.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 17:34:44 +0000
To: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
> Because the country code is optional (sites could register .com, .org,
> .net, etc) or they could simply refuse reverse-DNS service altogether, it
> would be a bad idea to base any legal or political decisions on it.

Well, you could certainly refuse to give export-controlled encryption
code to folks who don't put in their DNS where they are and such. The
fact that it's not ubiquitous doesn't mean it's useless.

> Sure, if I found a user accessing my site from *.sa (Saudi Arabia) I
> might not want to let them access my alt.sex.stories archive, but would I
> know whether to let in 196.1.3.1?  Howbout saudi-oil.com?

No, you wouldn't know. In which case, you're in exactly the same
situation you're in now.  :-)  --Darren