Re: (Fwd) Re: Solaris HTTP server performance... (fwd)

From: Alberto Accomazzi <alberto@cfa0.harvard.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 1995 12:50:18 -0500
To: efrank@ncsa.uiuc.edu (Beth Frank)
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
In message <9512191656.AA09771@void.ncsa.uiuc.edu>, Beth Frank writes:

> At the Boston conf., I had a couple of requests for the
> patch which significantly improved the TCP/IP performance
> of the NCSA HTTPd on Solaris machines.  It is included
> below.  It was submitted to us by Bob McGrath, the NCSA main
> web site Webmaster, who had been working wih Sun.

Two questions about running HTTPd under solaris:

1) is the patch needed for HTTPd 1.5 or is it already in the code?
2) will the system tuning guidelines described in
   http://www.sun.com/cgi-bin/show?sun-on-net/Sun.Internet.Solutions/
	performance/tun_mon/index.html
   work well with NCSA HTTPd (there is a section describing how
   application developers can maximize performance)?  What about apache?

Any additional information from WWW administrators about maximizing
performance on Solaris servers would be much appreciated...

- Alberto

Alberto Accomazzi                       Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory
alberto@cfa.harvard.edu                 60 Garden Street, MS 70
http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/~alberto     Cambridge, MA  02138  USA