Statefulness (was ...URL...)

From: Dave Ladd <ladd@research.att.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 1995 23:34:39 -0600
To: "www-talk@w3.org" <www-talk@w3.org>
>> allowing for state information to be held in the URL.
>That has no effect on the existance of state information in a URL
>(which, BTW, is always the wrong solution to a stateful session).

In the current world, what other options are there for stateful sessions?
	- hidden fields? (loses for HREFS)
	- per-remote-host state? (works until aol.com is the remote host)
	- magic cookies? (non-standard, but common)

I like Kristol's proposal, but without that, messing with the URL seems like the only way to go--- it's certainly not "always wrong".