Re: Form-based File Upload in HTML

On Fri, 17 Nov 1995, Larry Masinter wrote:
> We are getting a trickle of requests for server/CGI implementations of
> file upload and other status. If you have an implementation of file
> upload either in client and server, or (even better) have a web page
> about the status of file upload, could you let us know so that we can
> send the information to those who inquire?

CGI::BasePlus, one of the CGI::* modules for Perl5, supports file upload
through forms.  It is available in the modules/by-module/CGI/ directory
of any CPAN site.  See <URL:http://www.perl.com/perl/CPAN/CPAN.html> for
a list of CPAN sites.  CGI::Lite also supports file upload, and is also
available at CPAN in the same directory.

Larry, a number of developers have mentioned that it would be easier to
process uploaded files if each file was given a content-length part
header.  I know it's late in the game, but I thought it worth mentioning.

M. Hedlund <hedlund@best.com>