Re: Content negotiation

From: Kee Hinckley <nazgul@utopia.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 1995 02:43:52 -0400
To: Terry Allen <terry@ora.com>
Cc: Terry Allen <terry@ora.com>, www-talk@w3.org
At 2:37 PM 11/8/95, Terry Allen wrote:
>| Version 1.22 of Mozilla under Windows uses the same HTML extensions on your
>| machine as it does on mine.
>
>That's an argument that the extensions are the same (not "standard")
>across the same version of a browser, not all versions of it.  If you
>wanted to do content negotiation re user-agent, you have to keep track
>of the Windows, the Unix(es), the Mac versions of each release.  They
>may well not work the same despite the common number.

I should be more clear.  When I said "version", I included platform. In
fact one of my pet peeves with User-Agent fields is that too many browsers
neglect to mention the platform.

Kee Hinckley      Utopia Inc. - Cyberspace Architects    617.768.5500
nazgul@utopia.com                               http://www.utopia.com/

everyone else's.