Re: Content negotiation

From: Maurizio Codogno <mau@beatles.cselt.stet.it>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 1995 08:52:38 +0100
To: batie@aahz.jf.intel.com
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
% Content Negotiation goes beyond browser type, but user type as well.  For
% example, I would add this issue:
%
% 4.  I want to send French pages to French speaking users, German, etc...

My personal idea is to modify slightly a server, so that the resource
/foo/bar.html actually can correspond to either /foo/DE/bar.html or
/foo/FR/bar.html ...

I understand that URC (or URN?) should be the right approach, but this could
be implemented in a hurry, provided that browsers optionally send the
correct header.

Any comments?

.mau.