Re: Netscape 2.0 beta MS windows 95 virus

From: Kee Hinckley <nazgul@utopia.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 1995 11:12:01 -0500
To: Brian Behlendorf <brian@organic.com>
Cc: www-talk@www10.w3.org
At 6:33 PM 11/4/95, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
>For all those who content-negotiate based on user-agent (ick! ptooey!)
>you'll love this.

I'd love to content-negotiate based on something rational, but I've yet to
see a commonly used browser tell me anything rational about what it can do.

The least we could do is come up with a proposed standard for the UserAgent
field though.

Agent/Version (platform info)

is common but not universal, and a lot of people leave out the actual platform.

Kee Hinckley      Utopia Inc. - Cyberspace Architects    617.768.5500
nazgul@utopia.com                               http://www.utopia.com/

everyone else's.