Re: Lost bytes in an http server reply - very strange

From: Kee Hinckley <nazgul@utopia.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 16:10:45 -0400
To: kwolong@usorder.com
Cc: www-talk@www10.w3.org
At 2:48 PM 6/22/95, kwolong@usorder.com wrote:
>Alberto wrote:
>
>>We've seen this behaviour a long time ago and have notified NCSA about
>>it.  The problem has been fixed in the recent version of the NCSA
>>http daemon (1.4.1), so I suggest you upgrade to that.
>
>I'm running 1.4.1 on Solaris2.4 and still having the problem of
>losing blocks of data.(basically it is a perl cgi script which
>"exec" a client program that connect to a server thru a socket.  The
>client dumps some data and was captured into html.)
>
>When switched to Plexus, it works fine.

Given that the bug isn't 100% reproducable, I suspect it's some sort of
timing issue, which might explain why it works fine with Plexus.  Frankly I
currently suspect some kind of obscure fwrite bug.

Kee Hinckley      Utopia Inc. - Cyberspace Architects    617/721-6100
nazgul@utopia.com                               http://www.utopia.com/

everyone else's.