Re: Java vs Tcl/Tk

From: Paul Everitt/Digital Creations <Paul.Everitt@cminds.com>
Date: 20 Jun 95 9:49:49
To: Rupesh Kapoor <rupesh@mizar.crossnet.org>
Cc: www-talk <www-talk@www10.w3.org>

> I strongly feel that client side apps is the way web is gonna
>proceed, but am not sure on what it would ride. Could someone point me to
>a document with relative study of Java and Tcl/Tk, or any other similar
>technologies?

I'd strongly recommend looking also at Python:
 http://www.python.org/
I've seen a demonstration of Python embedded in NCSA Mosaic, of SGI's
Interactive TV based on Python, and the X Consortium's Pesto (a Python
interface to Fresco).  All in all, it is a beautiful, portable, object-based,
extensible environment.

--Paul