Re: Browser Interpretation of Location: Header

From: Marc Hedlund <hedlund@best.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 1995 16:13:49 -0700
To: rawlings@navisoft.com (Jeff Rawlings), jkillian@access.digex.net (Jim Killian), www-talk@w3.org
At 2:17 PM 8/31/95, Jeff Rawlings wrote (re: redirects):
>On thinking about
>it, I think the proper behavior might actually be to repost the data to the
>new location - that can be useful if you have to move a search engine...

Another respondant has quoted from the spec, which says the user should
confirm the repost.  For instance, if I set up a form on my home page that
asked for your name and address, and redirected your post to, say, a
Penthouse magazine form for a "bill me later" subscription (if one does
exist or is ever installed), you might be unhappy with the automatic
reposting of your personal information.

Marc Hedlund <hedlund@best.com>