WWW standards

From: Czanik Peter KTG I. <czanik@fang.fa.gau.hu>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 1995 10:14:27 +0200 (MET DST)
To: www-talk@www10.w3.org
	Hi,

	I'm currenly writing about WWW for school. I know already how to
install things, but I don't know how things work. So here are some questions:
	- How is MIME related to HTTP(d)?
	- What is the difference between URI and URL?
	- What standards are available about the Web (and where to get them)?
Are there any ISO,ANSI,RFC or drafts about HTML 1-3.0, HTTP 0.9-1.0, URL, URI,
MIME, etc?
	- And a question for the Netscape people: When will be a Linux
port of the Netsite Communications Server available? I have just
installed one, on a small FreeBSD machine of the faculty, but when will
be one for Linux for the rest of the faculty servers?
	Thank you for your help:

	Peter Czanik

Godollo University of Agriculture, Hungary
czanik@fang.fa.gau.hu