Support for HTTP methods

From: Siddharth Tiku <tiku@sonicsys.stph.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 1995 14:30:39 +0500
To: www-talk@w3.org

I am looking out for information regarding HTTP servers supporting
PUT,LINK,UNLINK and DELETE methods.
I assume none of these methods are presently being supported in
HTTP server although CERN httpd supports some accessory CGI scripts
to support PUT and DELETE.
Please confirm or correct my observation.

Another doubt is regarding how a server gets such a request as
I don't see any provision in HTML that forwards these Method
requests to HTTP server.

Likewise is POST method right now being used for anything other
than forms handling?( like Collaborative document editing etc. etc.)

Thanks,

Siddharth