Re: EOLAS ACQUIRES MILLSTONE INTERNET SOFTWARE PATENT

From: Marc VanHeyningen <marcvh@spry.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 15:15:29 -0700
To: miked@eolas.com (Mike Doyle)
Cc: burchard@cs.princeton.edu, www-talk@w3.org
> As for the comment concerning the Z39.50 standards committee meeting, our
> claims relate specifically to embedded interactive program objects in World
> Wide Web documents, not just downloading executable code for general
> document rendering.

Say, can somebody produce prior art for the use of the Chinese Remainder
Theorem in World Wide Web documents?  If not, does that mean I can patent
it?

(Does the patent specifically say "world wide web documents"?  In precise
and legal terms, what is a "world wide web document" anyway?  More
importantly, what isn't?  Why is a document returned via Z39.50 not a
World Wide Web document?)