Re: EOLAS ACQUIRES MILLSTONE INTERNET SOFTWARE PATENT

From: Stavros Macrakis <macrakis@osf.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 17:37:23 -0400
To: miked@eolas.com (Mike Doyle)
Cc: www-talk@w3.org
> You'll have to find better prior art than those.... our claims
> relate specifically to embedded interactive program objects in World
> Wide Web documents, not just downloading executable code for general
> document rendering.

None of us can comment intelligently on the patent claims until we see
them.  The Patent Office cannot release them until the patent issues
(if it does), but the applicant is certainly free to.  The technology
itself is now widely understood, so there is no danger of losing a
trade secret if the patent does not issue.

That would quickly stop speculation based on press release puffery and
return the discussion to substance.

	-s