How to send long search patterns

From: Yoo-Shin Lee <yoosh@cs.ualberta.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 1995 14:45:36 -0600 (MDT)
To: www-talk@w3.org
Hello,

I want to use the linemodebrowser to pass information to my cgi
scripts by appending information to the URL (would be nice to send
FORM data maybe stored in a file but LineMode doesn't support this?).

SO something like this

% linemode 'http://blah.blah/~yoosh/cgi-bin/service?select * from tables

Unfortunately I have to translate the "select * from tables" to fill
the spaces and replace special characters such as the "*" with the hex
values.

Is there an easier way to pass long strings in the URL?

--
			Yoo-Shin Lee
			yoosh@cs.ualberta.ca