Re: Let's talk strategy (was: Re: Web Reliability)

From: James Whitescarver <jim@eies.njit.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 1995 15:49:11 -0400
To: habib@world.std.com, www-talk@www10.w3.org
The future will be something like Netscape + Jave/TCL/Smalltalk + WebSpace.
That's the best approximation we have, and should applaud all these and
many other efforts.

Which flavors survive is the order of business here.  We certainly don't
want to hold back progress waiting for standards.  We must accept that
standards emerge from use.  Our defining a standard does not make it one.
The web philosophy goes beyond creating yet another standard.  It seeks
first to support ALL the standards in common use, and then make them
obsolete. :^)

jim@njit.edu, http://www.njit.edu/CCCC/jim.html