Re: 3 Proposals: session ID, business-card auth, customer auth

From: Rick Troth <TROTH@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 95 12:07:31 CDT
To: James Pitkow <pitkow@cc.gatech.edu>, Roy Fielding <fielding@beach.w3.org>
Cc: connolly@beach.w3.org, www-talk@w3.org
>Do we really want to end up having to struggle to get our basic rights
>back from companies that hold terabytes of information about us in a few
>years or do we deal with the issue now?  I think that there is a real
>need to be concerned about the what models and policies we adopt as we
>move into this new era and that this is not spreading Fear, Uncertainty,
>and Doubt.

        Political though it may sound,  Jim's right about this point.
I'm sure Dan and many others agree,  though I have doubts as to how
effective we'll be against the  determined  "undesirable profiler(s)".
Giving the users control over a profile that they choose to define
and choose to submit seems a step in the right direction.

--
Rick Troth <troth@ua1vm.ua.edu>, Houston, Texas, USA
http://ua1vm.ua.edu/~troth/