Paper submission to WWW4

From: Jerrold Maddox <jxm22@psu.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 1995 11:49:23 -0500
To: www-talk@www10.w3.org
This is to inquire if anyone has been successful in submitting their papers
for the WWW4 conference in Boston by ftp. I have been trying and the person
responding to my requests has not been able, so far, to understand the
problem I am having.

I sent in a intent of submit, receive a number and instructions by e-mail
and was told to use these:
        ftp ednet.gsfc.nasa.gov
        user anonymous
        password jxm22@psu.edu
        cd /incoming/www95
        put 51.tar
        bye

I have gotten to ednet.gsfc.nasa.gov but can't find the file: cd /incoming/www95

Instead I sent the information in as an e-mail with the .gz file attached
but that was ignored.

Am I doing something wrong? If so what am I missing?

Jerry Maddox