(no subject)

From: Darmadi Komo <KOMO@isis.imac.georgetown.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 08:15:55 -0500 (EST)
To: www-talk@www10.w3.org
I am trying to setup an access protection at a particular
subdirectory using CERN httpd server. I put these lines in the server
configuration file :

Protection SECRET {
     UserID  www
     GroupID  All
     AuthType  Basic
     ServerID   SecretServer
     PasswdFile  /local/Web/setup/passwd.protected
     GroupFile  /local/Web/setup/group.protected
     GetMask   All@(*.imac.georgetown.edu)
    }

Protect   /local/Web/protect/*     SECRET

Note:
- File passwd.protected is the file I created using htadm
- File group.protected is www : All

Can anybody answer these questions :
It didn't prompt my username and password when I tried to access the
directory /local/Web/protect/*.html. Why?
What are UserID and GroupID do exactly with the content of the
GroupFile?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Darmadi Komo