Re: keep-connection

From: Martin Hamilton <martin@mrrl.lut.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 1995 17:22:48 +0100
To: www-talk@w3.org

I wrote:

| There was some talk (last year?) about an HTTP header which clients could
| use to ask servers to keep the connection open ...
|
| Pragma: keep-connection
|
| Is anyone working on this sort of thing ?  i.e. HTTP connection
| caching/re-use

Since then I've discovered the "HTTP Session Extension" Internet
Draft - cf. draft-ietf-http-ses-ext-00.txt at your local respository

Here's a revised version of my server patch, which I _think_ is
compatible with the session extension spec.  It could do with a
mechanism for server side timeouts, though

Anyone implemented client support for this ?

Cheerio,

Martin