Re: WWW and prospero

Jean-Francois Groff (
Sat, 9 Nov 91 12:13:19 +0100

Date: Sat, 9 Nov 91 12:13:19 +0100
From: (Jean-Francois Groff)
To: Edward Vielmetti <>
Subject: Re: WWW and prospero

> As an aside, it would be really nice if WWW could be taught the
> Prospero protocol like it knows WAIS....

This has a high priority in our wish-list, but we are very busy
preparing a new kernel for WWW (you can call it WOW if you can't
pronounce that !), which features multiple TYPED links from/to each
anchor, so you can write knowbots for instance, and fast (we hope)
format negotiation between clients and servers.

The availability of this will be announced on the www-interest mailing
list. To register on that, send a mail to with
body text "add www-interest". Your mail address will be extracted from
the From: field.

Sorry, no firm dates yet, but expect it by the end of the year.

        Jean-Francois Groff (
        World-Wide Web project
        CERN, ECP division
        CH-1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland