Re: Online tracking: A 1-million-site measurement and analysis

Especially see Section 5 which details WebRTC IP discovery,
interesting shifts in canvas fingerprinting, using BatteryStatus API
as fingerprinting bits, and a fascinating use of AudioContext to
fingerprint the device without doing any actual audio output (one
method does an FTT and sets gain to zero (mute) before playing, the
other copies to a OfflineAudioContext buffer).

:/

--
Joseph Lorenzo Hall
Chief Technologist, Center for Democracy & Technology [https://www.cdt.org]