Re: Securing the security reviews in W3C - how to proceed ?

On 2016/07/22 18:47, Martin J. Dürst wrote:
> On 2016/07/21 23:49, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> On Thu, Jul 21, 2016 at 4:34 PM, GALINDO Virginie
>> <Virginie.Galindo@gemalto.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks for jumping in that thread if you believe you can help with
>>> improving security reviews in W3C !
>>
>> I think increasing the overall security competence and understanding
>> of the same-origin policy, through self-review and learning, is much
>> more important than delegating the task to a pool of "experts". The
>> idea of having "accessibility", "internationalization", and now
>> "security" pillars has proven not to scale and has done more harm than
>> good. It's good to have communities where you can go for help, but
>> making them responsible doesn't really work.
>
> Based on my experience with internationalization, I think both trying to
> take responsibility for all aspects of your spec AND being able to ask
> expert groups for help is important.
>
> The reasons for the later are at least two-fold:

One more reason:

3) From time to time, there are similar issues turning up in different
    specs. Having a common solution, or common pieces, where possible is
    of great benefit in many ways. But it's difficult for individual spec
    writers and WGs to detect such commonalities.

Regards,   Martin.