Re: Sub-domain granularity: the poverty of the domain name as the only hook for security

Anne

Hmmm.  Thanks for the link. That document introduced sub-origns which are arbitrary strings which a page can optionally declare itself to be part of.   Although it says "..., suborigins will have the important property of being predictable, well-defined, and hierarchical," it isn't clear that they are in fact hierarchical at all in the sense that the path is.

It seems simpler and more powerful to just extend the current origin policy but introduce the '/' as well as the DNS '.' in the hierarchy of origins.

Tim