Julian Reschke wrote:

> +0.5. That's why we should push for more opportunistic security:
> <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7435>

+1

I'm not up on the latest jargon, but many of the arguments I've put
forth in this thread can be nutshelled as "opportunistic security," in
particular my Washington, D.C. bar metaphor. With this approach, the bar
would only be liable for the privacy of its mask-wearing members.

Non-members desiring privacy can use Star Trek technology to transport
in (Tor, or bring-your-own-mask), and if that privacy were violated, the
bar wouldn't incur third-party liability.

-Eric