While we are on the subject of caching, we have the interesting spectacle
here in the US [1] of an FCC Commissioner calling interception proxies
"open caching" and arguing *against* user privacy protections that, as a
side-effect, impede such caches.

…Mark

[1]
http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/01/netflix-refused-to-answer-encryption-allegation-fcc-commissioner-says/