Re: Requiring Authenticated Origins for Geolocation API's: Status

Great timing. We (Chrome) just announced an abstract plan to deprecate
geolocation over insecure channels (along with several other features:
device motion, EME, fullscreen, and getUserMedia). You can read the post as
made to public-webappsec or at
https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/forum/#!topic/blink-dev/2LXKVWYkOusSo
.

While we do not have an exact plan for deprecation, we do plan to implement
one and support this idea.
--Joel