Re: Insertion of adverisements

Thank you! A minor quibble would be that the wiki name
HTTPS-and-Advertising seems to scope the discussion to a particular item in
a possible threat matrix rather than to the deeper set of issues which seem
to be along the lines of:

* What sorts of content manipulation by proxies should be appropriate,  and
when?

* What is the correct role for possible more widespread deployment of TLS
(or other encryption/signature technology) in limiting the ability of
proxies to inappropriately modify content?

* To what extent would that more widespread deployment of TLS also hamper
more legitimate modification of content by proxies (if any such
modification is legitimate)?

* To what degree will more widespread deployment of TLS cause those who run
proxies to inappropriately spoof certificates in an effort to retain their
ability to modify content?

I may not have the above exactly right, but scoping only to advertising
seems a bit off the mark. I do realize that my retitling of the e-mail
thread did use the word "advertisements", so possibly the problem traces to me.

Thank you again for acting on my concerns!

Noah