Re: Draft [URL] reference update to informative text

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> I appreciate that you have other things to do; meanwhile what would you
> suggest for people who do have time to contribute and would very much like
> to see the specification more accurately reflect what works?

It sounds like you are asserting that a change to the specification is
what's needed here, which is different from the conclusion that I
reached. I have researched these test failures before and for each
them at the time I roughly knew why each implementation was doing what
it was doing. And then based on that I decided whether the
specification needed adjustment or not. Obviously that is a series of
judgment calls and for particularly hairy cases I've asked for input.
However, I've done this trick of defining something that's already
implemented in non-interoperable fashion by multiple user agents and
then getting them to converge several times. And in my experience at
some point the attempt to convergence needs to start to get the
feedback that can finish the specification.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/