Re: Draft [URL] reference update to informative text

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 6:13 PM, Chris Wilson <cwilso@google.com> wrote:
> I refer you to the normative reference policy.  :)  I'm really not trying to
> cycle this argument over and over, but this is a major change to a policy
> and the W3C's way of working, and it should be treated as such; not a
> disagreement about one simple, relatively non-contentious reference.

So what about the other normative references to unstable documents?
Such as publicsuffix.org? Or the xiph.org wiki? Or some IETF draft on
MIME Sniffing that's expired (there's a maintained WHATWG
standard...)? If that's an actual policy, they sure seem to be rather
anti-WHATWG in enforcing it.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/