Re: Security, Privacy, and Accessibility self-review Questionnaires.

> On 24 Nov 2014, at 8:46 pm, Mike West <mkwst@google.com> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
>> My first inclination would be to put it as a wiki page on the TAG spec-reviews repo <https://github.com/w3ctag/spec-reviews> and evolve it there.
>
> I don't think the Wiki is enabled on that repo.

Let me fix that for you... There.

> And, selfishly, I'd prefer to use vim to edit the document. :)

I can't fix problems that serious... /me ducks

> Perhaps we could stick a Markdown file in a "draft guidelines" subdirectory?

That could work too.

>>  YMMV -- especially if these reviews are going to be driven from another place.
>
> It's not really clear what, if any, process is going to spring up around this topic. So, for the moment:
>
>> I do think something informal / easy to interact with is nice (let's face it, even in a living-standard model, it's hard to beat a wiki).
>
> I'm fine with informal and easy, but I'd like there to be a path to some document with a stamp on it that people who care about such stamps can look at, evaluate, and say "Yes. This document has a stamp, so I will carefully consider its contents."
>
> For better or worse, Wiki pages are rarely taken seriously by the sorts of folks who care about stamps.

Sure, but the audience here AIUI is reviewers that we point at documents, not the document authors themselves.

If authors wilfully ignore / go against friendly, helpful review advice, that's kind of their own problem once the "real" process kicks in...

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/