Re: Draft [URL] reference update to informative text

On Sat, Nov 1, 2014 at 11:22 PM, Domenic Denicola <d@domenic.me> wrote:
> From: Sam Ruby [mailto:rubys@intertwingly.net]
>> "That is not to say that documenting how things actually are is not worthwhile, it's just not what we do."
>
> Ah! Well, hopefully Anne can chime in, ...

I was simply saying that the reality is often that given four user
agents you have four different outputs for the same input. We don't
document that reality. We instead document something that has one
output for that input, requiring what is now reality to change.
Documenting reality is interesting, but doesn't help give guidance
towards convergence, as I explained in that email.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/