Re: W3C URN scheme 'root' doesn't exist?

On 12/05/2014 14:16 , David Singer wrote:
> Actually, you are right, DASH requires it be a URI, so if W3C prefers
> to use a URL over a URN, even for something that is a name, that is
> fine.

I will stay well clear of the landmine discussion about whether locators
are the naming mechanism or not, but if you think this is an acceptable
option please file a bug against HTML (I'm copying Silvia who generally
handles media stuff).

We can mint identifiers of the type http://www.w3.org/ns/whatever-name
without Director approval, all we need is to say so and add a few HTML
documents at the end of those URLs (which I can do easily). If you think
that identifiers with another structure would be good I'm just as happy
but we need the Director's approval.

The policy on URL naming assignment between specs is here:

     http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-nsuri