Re: Forced Resignation

On 30/06/2014 16:50 , Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> The rule I assume is to prevent a company though becoming a dominant
> force, or appearing to.
> While we can discuss the relative merits of this rule, I'd point out
> that Alex you are at a company which others could certainly imagine
> ending up in a dominant position. It has have a lot of good people and
> often acquires other companies which have good people. This would be
> good discussion for the AB or the AC.

I honestly don't think that that's a realistic issue that may cause
problems for the TAG.

At this point the problem of resources has been far more hurtful than
that of coalitions. It's hard enough to get people to work on TAG stuff,
if we can get a company willing to sponsor multiple participants we
should welcome it. This rule optimises for completely the wrong problem.