Re: W3C URN scheme 'root' doesn't exist?

Since we want permanent labels, I fear that tying them to a version of the spec and its anchors and/or sections, and location, might be fragile.  And, as Robin points out, we don’t need choice.

I know URNs have issues when referring to things you might want to retrieve, but here we want a name that identifies what the track is for, and we need that name to be non-conflicting with other definitions and to identify who defined it.

Obviously it’s a plus if it helps you find the documentation, but it’s not strictly necessary.

On Jun 23, 2014, at 6:50 , Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org> wrote:

> On 23/06/2014 15:44 , Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>>

>>> I think that the fact that you're giving David a choice is part of the
>>> problem :)
>>
>> Not really - they point to different things: one the attribute value
>> of the object and the other the general definition.
>> Also, the answer to having two alternatives is not to introduce a third. ;-)
>
> Agreed :) But I was suggesting indicating which one to use, not introduce another to the choice!
>
> --

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.