Re: Food for thought (resurfacing)

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 7:42 AM, Marc Fawzi <marc.fawzi@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.nidium.com/
>
> example of a new kind of browser engine that could have a much bigger
> marketshare if the major browsers (Chrome, IE, FF) were to allow loading of
> browsers engines based on the app developer's selection

Mainline browsers will not do this except with sandboxing requirements. See
NaCL (previously mentioned).

Instead, this group is focused on ensuring that the primitives needed to
render and run content are exposed to developers in standardised. That
level of primitive control will enable developers to only re-build the
portions of the experience that are necessary to deliver the experiences
they want to and it's the whole point of the Extensible Web Manifesto:
http://extensiblewebmanifesto.org/

> it's a monopoly market and so I understand that the vendors have no
> incentive to open up their platforms in this way,

It's clear that you fundamentally misunderstand the terms "monopoly" and
"market".