Re: Food for thought (resurfacing)

+1 to what Marcos said. The important thing for organisations about Chrome
Frame was that it let them *out* of the world where their renderers were
stuck in time and weren't auto-updating.

So yes, TAG members and (some) browser vendors have thought about this
problem at length and the current consensus is that auto-updating runtimes
and real competition deliver much of the value with fewer downsides. We're
not to a fully auto-updating world yet, but are closer than ever before and
the trend lines are good.