Re: Food for thought (resurfacing)

a rendering engine, a JS VM and a UX shell walk into a bar .... (todo:
funny scenario)

since I'm a JS guy the Exo-Browser project looks more manageable as a
learning medium and to help me play with ideas such as "special purpose
browsers" ... and leaving the ABI fun to multi-platform C++ folks ...

"The ExoBrowser exposes its API (parts of the Chromium Content API + a
Simple View Model) in Javascript and enables the implementation of a fully
functional browser entirely out of it (as a Javascript/HTML/CSS app). The
ExoBrowser is a scriptable platform designed to ease the experimentation
with new concepts for the Web Browser."

[Chromium Architecture]

  (Platform)        #   (Browser Implementation)
+----------------+  #  +-----------------------+
|  Content API   +-----+     Chrome (C++)      |
+----+-----------+  #  +-----------------------+
     |              #     |       |        |
+----+---+  +----+  #  +-----+ +-----+ +-------+
| Webkit +--+ v8 |  #  | GTK | | Win | | Cocoa |
+--------+  +----+  #  +-----+ +-----+ +-------+

`vs.`

[ExoBrowser Architecture]

             (Platform)                  #   (Browser Implementation)
                                         #
                             |           #
|  Content API   +-+ ExoBrowser (C++) |  #  |  Web Views (HTML/JS)  |
| Webkit +--+ v8 +-+    NodeJS    +---+-----+   Local Server (JS)   |

https://github.com/breach/exo_browser