Re: Food for thought (resurfacing)

Hi Marcos,

Well, if someone with your knowledge thinks this is doable but still a huge
effort I'll have to drop my quest for now.

I'll keep watching the interwebs for similar thinking and efforts in that
direction.

If vendors were willing to play a different kind of game, where the browser
acts as the OS thus allowing any other browser's JS and rendering engine to
run within it, selectable by the developer, then I think users, developers
and vendors will all benefit. Only vendors who will lose are those who lag
behind in innovation. The market has room for say 10 different browsers
each with a major share whereas right now we have 3 browsers that rule the
market, all from big companies, and no room for special purpose browsers
(the game just doesn't scale)

I'll explain more in my next break.

Thank you for your response.

Marc