Re: Is the TAG structure harmful? [Was: Fwd: Forced Resignation]

Mark Nottingham wrote:

> I’m honestly surprised at the amount of bile you apparently hold
> towards me;

It surprised me too, but so did your remarks which triggered it. Sorry
my e-mail doesn't end @apple.com, @google.com, etc. as that seems the
only way to achieve credibility in Web Arch circles where merit no
longer holds sway. I lurk, and certainly notice the disrespect accorded
to the likes of Julian and Roy, despite the wild and Earth-shattering
success of their prior art.

> I wish you’d brought it up earlier, to give me the chance to address
> it, rather than let it fester. I do see that you’ve managed to
> participate in some discussions on-list over the last four years, so
> it hasn’t been a total loss.

Nothing's festered, I honestly hadn't given any thought to that since I
decided not to appeal it to IAB at the time. But I'd also not reviewed
my off-list e-mail from the then -- being ganged up on by the browser-
vendor schills certainly had an impact on my attitude, and most
definitely justifies my use of the term "cabal" (and disgust at IETF
capture by same). If I have an issue with you as WG chair, it's as an
enabler of this, not based on a personal disagreement in our past.

I'm not *that* suspicious by nature, but that's my big takeaway from
having learned Taylor-school networked-software architecture -- ongoing
development of the Web has absolutely nothing to do with it, why should
I be interested in participating when that's what I bring to the table?

> I do suspect that we’re going to have to agree to disagree, however,
> on what is appropriate and inappropriate participation style.

Looks like.

-Eric