Re: Forced Resignation

On 30/06/2014 22:58 , Noah Mendelsohn wrote:
> On 6/30/2014 11:00 AM, Robin Berjon wrote:
>> I can't, however, recall the TAG taking a formal vote.
>
> If you check the record you will find that at least in past years the
> TAG took formal votes quite often, usually to establish that consensus
> had been reached e.g. to publish a document or to provide formal
> feedback to some other group or organization. These are often recorded
> in the minutes in this form:
>
>      RESOLUTION: xxxx

I know there are resolutions, but if we're being properly pedantic (and
the topic is, after all, process) those aren't formal votes. Unless I
missed something (including while in the room :) those were just straw
polls. Formal votes take place when consensus fails, they require the
group to be quorate, votes to be recorded, etc.

The process leaves it up to each group to organise this, but in groups
I've known that did do voting the distinction between straw polls and
formal votes could be pretty important since the former were of
participants and the latter of companies.