Re: Fall back strategy for manifest

On 27/01/2014 22:16 , Marcos Caceres wrote:
> Also, I'm told that using the HTML doesn't work as nicely with
> packaged apps, when compared to the JSON file. The JSON gives a inert
> resource where the UA can find metadata about an app without needing
> to scrape or run the HTML.

I agree with Ted's proposal, but FWIW where metadata extraction is
concerned it should not be considered a problem to process HTML as if it
were an inert resource as well. Anyone setting metadata in script
deserves to be ignored. Sure enough it's more costly than processing
JSON, but inertness oughtn't be a reason — it can be specified.