Re: Fall back strategy for manifest

On 2014/01/28 7:32, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> On Monday, January 27, 2014 at 9:49 PM, Domenic Denicola wrote:
>
>> From: Marcos Caceres<w3c@marcosc.com (mailto:w3c@marcosc.com)>
>>
>>> Yeah, that makes sense. Ok, so basically, collect what you can from HTML, get the rest from the manifest.
>>
>> This approach makes the most sense to me as well. It seems better integrated into the existing architecture of HTML web apps; inline metadata is much more common than out-of-band metadata.
>
> Agree. Unless anyone has any additional feedback, I'll change the spec to behave as above.

I agree, too. It has the additional advantage that there is more overlap
between old browsers (who interpret part of the metadata that's in HTML
already) and new browsers (who may interpret more of what's in HTML and
also the manifest), and there's also more overlap between on-line
browsing and standalone apps.

Regards,   Martin.