Re: The legal status of linking and EC consultation

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@hsivonen.fi>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 08:57:23 +0200
To: Daniel Appelquist <Daniel.Appelquist@telefonica.com>
Cc: www-tag <www-tag@w3.org>, Konstantinov Sergey <twirl@yandex-team.ru>
On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 4:54 PM, Daniel Appelquist
<Daniel.Appelquist@telefonica.com> wrote:
> But beyond spreading awareness of the consultation I don’t think there is
> any technical work to be done here.

Maybe no new work beyond summarizing old work in the form of a response.

I brought this topic up, because the legality of linking has appeared
to be a pet issue of the TAG (at least prior to reform). Therefore, it
would be odd if the TAG didn't want to state its opinion on its pet
legal issue when a powerful initiator of legislation asks about it
specifically.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@hsivonen.fi