Re: Guidance on the usage of promises for API developers

From: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:42:58 +0100
To: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
Hi Domenic,

On 13/01/2014 23:49 , Domenic Denicola wrote:
> In the process of writing the ES6 promises spec, I ended up producing
> such a document myself [2]. It feels like an OK start to me, with
> some great feedback from Marcos incorporated a month ago.

It looks like a great start, I'd go ahead with it.

In addition to Sergey's comments, with which I agree, I would say:

 It would be useful to have links from the various promise concepts
straight into the promises spec. That would help someone looking at this
document for advice to double-check or dig into a specific aspect.

 I'd put the shorthand after the guidance. Without the context of the
guidance it's a bit dry and blunt; I think it would stick better if it
came later.

 More examples (perhaps for each guidance item?) would help.

Thanks!