Re: Current TAG election

I'd just like to note that, as great as the current activity in JS
APIs is, we should also not be content in our current paradigms of web
development. For example, in the post-Snowden era, the Web Security
Model that completely trusts the server to control absolutely all
content on the client is clearly not suitable for all Web
applications.

 There's lots of work to be done to transform the Web and Javascript
into more secure and privacy-preserving platforms for coding
high-value applications - applications that currently are too risky to
responsibly be put on the Web. Problems that the Web has lived with
for years, such as multi-tier web programming (leading to SQL
injection attacks), no secure username-password entry in websites
(leading to hashcrackin), and the CA system are now no longer obscure
technical issues but causing massive breaches of trust in the Web
itself and so vital to solve via open standards.

Thus, it would be great if someone with real-world Web and Internet
security experience ran for the TAG. Or was even offered to the W3C as
a Fellow :)

   cheers,
      harry