On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 6:56 PM, Marc Fawzi <marc.fawzi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Neither of you have responded to the question of why browser extensions
> downloaded securely and relying on web crypto or native apps couldn't
> implement a decentralized security model. You say convergence.io suffers
> from lack of performance and you throw arbitrary statements like "giggle
> test" at a very similar idea.

Per

  https://github.com/moxie0/Convergence/issues/180

the project is dead and the somewhat active fork lists a lot of things
as TODO. It's clearly not a viable alternative for a system that has
been battle tested since the Netscape days across millions of nodes.
Nobody here is in love with TLS I think and everyone would love for
the centralization to go away, but the alternatives have just not
proven themselves.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/