Sean,

> On 14 Dec 2014, at 9:21 am, Sean B. Palmer <sean@miscoranda.com> wrote:
>
> The specifics of encryption were only the second part of my email; I
> appreciate your information there. But again, the policy must note
> that TLS/SSL is known to be partially compromised.

You keep on saying "must." I'm happy to discuss this with you, but please don't presume to demand a particular outcome.

That aside -- the document already says:

"""These important properties of authentication, integrity and confidentiality are best — if imperfectly — provided on the Web by Transport Layer Security (TLS)"""

note "imperfectly." Furthermore,

"""We recognize that HTTPS will not solve all — or even many — security problems in the Web platform."""

So, we already acknowledge that TLS is less than perfect. I've tried to make this more clear in:
  https://github.com/w3ctag/web-https/commit/45e5a8916dd23d4705c60c1ea0107b8b0bdff6b4

Doing much more than that essentially turns the document into a history of the security flaws in TLS, and that seems wildly inappropriate in this document.

Cheers,