Will do , but if the server's public key is swapped by an attacker the server won't be able to decrypt the request that was encrypted with the attacker's key, so that would be a way to detect an attack.

Just trying to get to the essence if why Web Crypto exists and if there us any scenario under which it can make CA's redundant. After all, CA scheme is not without problems. Even if everything about issuing and renewing certificates is automated it's still an old world paradigm where some central authority is in charge of issuing users the right to a very basic activity (communicating between A and B) it's like the Department of Motor Vehicles. At the very least, it's about record keeping. At the very worst CA's will be able to revoke certificates or be compromised by powerful parties.

With all the brains and deep practical expertise at TAG and IETF couldn't the web get a completely decentralized security model? Has the TAG proven the theoretical impossibility of having a purely p2p security model that does not involve CAs?

this ultimate question is useless to ask anywhere except here. So I hope it justifies all the other related questions ...

Sent from my iPhone